Singletrack found near Blackpool shocker!

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited August 2012 in Your pics and vids
Rode around the Fylde coast a bit today, it's flat as a pancake and normally I need to get the bike in the car and drive out for a decent ride. But look what I came across (not the rude way;) some actual singletrack!

Skipool.jpg

Skippool creek.

Fleetwood.jpg

Fleetwood promenade.

Now I know you're all thinking you're gonna have to sack off all plans, throw your bikes in your cars and get out here to shred this awesome looking singletrack :| but be warned, together, they add up to about 400 metres, and they're separated by miles of boring bridleway and road riding! Still, better than nowt.

Comments

• victoriac
    victoriac Posts: 56
    That is actually amazing - over the last few years my family have all moved over to the Flyde so when I come back to visit them I'm stuck biking on flat roads for 2 weeks unless I can convice someone to let me put my bike in their car. That 400 meters looks like it might be quite fun :D
  • If you blast along the section in the top photo it is quite good fun despite being totally flat! I found a couple of muddy little obstacles in stanley park too, some steps and a roller, but that's all. Could be worse!
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    What is this sorcery!!!!!???? is this on any actual gradient? Might make a change from Stanley Park BMX track anyway
  • Gisburn is only an hour away!
  • fyldesmurf wrote:
    What is this sorcery!!!!!???? is this on any actual gradient? Might make a change from Stanley Park BMX track anyway

Another local dude! There's no gradient at all, but there is a small buzz to be had if you bomb it fast enough! I do a ride from staining, to Poulton, skippool creek all the way to cala gran (this is off road) on to fleetwood and the prom, then all the way down the prom to south shore and back to staining. About 30 miles in all.

Next time you're in the park, head over past the cafe, to the bowling green. At the back there is a bit of a roller and some steps which can be messed about on (for about 5 minutes!)
    Gisburn is only an hour away!

This is true, and Lee quarry, and Staveley and the lakes, and Dunsop, and Rivington, and Hebden Bridge. But sometimes it's nice not to have to drive anywhere!