Do you participate in ITV's Tour de France competition?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
Normally I just kiss my teeth and ignore telly competitions but I'd love to own that Boardman (or a Cervelo) so I've found myself entering into the ITV Tour de France competition.

I admit that when I first saw the Carrera competition I thought to myself that ITV must be feeling the recession or something.... glad they are now offering a Boardman!
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Flamez
    Flamez Posts: 105
    Be a good stablemate for my boardman road team...
    Condor World Series 2012
    Boardman Team 2011
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I did, but for last week's competition. With the resoundingly shite weather we've been having, my mind has turned to that most appalling of all man made contrivances: the indoor trainer. I thought something that tilted up and down my stave off the boredom for, oh, well at least an additional ten minutes.

Plus that thing was worth £1500. That's £900 on ebay, easy.

Never did find out whether it folds away for easy storage though. I mean, that's essential. Any old junk allows you to work out in the privacy and comfort of your own home. Folding is where it's at, man.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,607
    For just £2 plus your normal network rate you could have almost no chance of winning a bicycle shaped object from Halfords.

One in ten trillion entrants will win a Boardman will jolly nice wheels which you can put on your own bike.

Got some space in the shed? You too could win an indoor trainer which is worth almost as much as the reasonably nice bike you would be far better riding. Its got yellow bits on it which add £500 to its rrp.

You thought there was 10 minutes left of the highlights show didn't you? Actually it was 30 seconds of Chris B saying "Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow" in a disinterested way. Fooled you. Queue road to nowhere gone wrong music.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    For just £2 plus your normal network rate you could have almost no chance of winning a bicycle shaped object from Halfords.

One in ten trillion entrants will win a Boardman will jolly nice wheels which you can put on your own bike.

Got some space in the shed? You too could win an indoor trainer which is worth almost as much as the reasonably nice bike you would be far better riding. Its got yellow bits on it which add £500 to its rrp.

You thought there was 10 minutes left of the highlights show didn't you? Actually it was 30 seconds of Chris B saying "Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow" in a disinterested way. Fooled you. Queue road to nowhere gone wrong music.

Free on the tinterweb, innit.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415

Free on the tinterweb, innit.

That's what I did. I don't normally enter things like that but we've got a new member of staff who was a director of a marketing firm and said that hardly anyone enters those kinds of things. So I had a crack at it.

Reminded me of a cousin who was a lot younger than me who badgered his dad for a stamp to enter a competition to win a MCFC goalies kit. My uncle gave in and gave him the stamp. Three weeks later, Eike Immel's (I know) muddy goalie kit arrived at the door with a postman. So, you've got to be in it to win it!
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    msmancunia wrote:
    Eike Immel's
    WHO!

What era was this and did the offside rule even exist then?

In fact what is the offside rule?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Don't get in front of the last defender when receiving the ball, otherwise you're offside.

And Eike Immel was in goal for City between 1995-97!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eike_Immel
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    Don't get in front of the last defender when receiving the ball, otherwise you're offside.
    What about when receiving a throw in, eh? You best go back to painting your nails, love!

I'm joking, even if your team did poach half of mine, Iaintmadatcha.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I won a mug from ITN in the early days of DAB radio when the scrolling text invited listeners to enter by email to win a big prize. Reckon they must have given three away in total. Also won a handful of CDs & stuff from Ministry Of Sound Radio on DAB - it was supposed to be London only at the time and here I was up in Sticksville bopping about to it so I won by being the furthest flung listener (out of a dozen or so no doubt). Would have been late 2000 I expect.

TdF needs more action - 1 hour involves 7 minutes of telling us about it, 5 mins of ads , 7 mins action, 5 mins ads, 7 action then more ads, Bored-man (like him actually) and the competition.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Entered it! On web, natch. No way I'm paying for that.

Only thing I've ever won is the booby prize in a raffle 20 years ado - a sack full of loo roll.

Must be due a bit of luck.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    I entered, fresh from my success in the Cycle Sport Gino Bartali: Road to Valour Twitter competition. I'm looking good for a win, I reckon.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    As above, you've got to be in it to win it. In the last few years I won a Garmin and £250 worth of outdoor clothing on this kind of thing*, so always worth a go, especially if it costs nothing.

*Likely with much smaller numbers of people entering than for the ITV Tour ones I should think, but still.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Entered the current compo for the bike via interweb, going to go again with my Dad's address and different email addy :)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • whobiggs
    whobiggs Posts: 23
    I'm trying to but I can't find it! :?
  • wandsworth
    wandsworth Posts: 354
    whobiggs wrote:
    I'm trying to but I can't find it! :?

It's not exactly prominent, but here it is: http://www.itv.com/onlineentry/tourdefrance/
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • whobiggs
    That's great thanks, do you think they hide it coz it's free? :wink:
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588

:lol::lol::lol:
  • wandsworth
    wandsworth Posts: 354
    whobiggs wrote:

Yes. Anyway, I've entered. Here's to a lifetime of spam from ITV.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • cyclingprop
    wandsworth wrote:
    whobiggs wrote:

Yes. Anyway, I've entered. Here's to a lifetime of spam from ITV.

No. It's on the lower right hand side of the main ITV TDF page - I thought it was comparitively easy to find.

The rest of their website though - eugh. Goes for all the TV channels.
  • whobiggs
    It's not on the page I'm looking at, is there another?
  • cyclingprop
    http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/

It is on this one. In "useful links" just above "contact us".
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    No, next ...