Newbie here and to cycling

Triangle Kebab
Triangle Kebab Posts: 85
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hello there,
As the title says im new to the forum and after a bit of a lay off i guess im new to cycling aswell. I turned 32 recently and it hit me, im rather out of shape, so i decided to get back into cycling, i've bought myself a 2012 Giant defy 1 that im picking up saurday.None of my friends ride, so i was wondering if there is anyone on the forum in the Reading area, that is just starting out in the world of road cycling that would fancy a few rides around the area?
Look forward to chatting to you all.

Comments

• BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    hello - good for you getting on 2 wheels! It's transformed my fitness levels and it's fun too. I'm not in Reading but my first instinct would be to hook up with a club over yonder - a google result came up with http://www.readingctc.co.uk/ but i'm sure there are plenty to choose from.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    I live in Newbury but I'm not new to cycling. However, I would say get up to oxfordshire via pangbourne when you can.. lovely up there.
  • thanks Davidjb would that be the road out through moulsford? not sure if i will make it quite that far yet really, but i will set it as a goal for myself
  • and thanks Biglights, for the link to Reading ctc, they could be just what im looking for as it doesnt sound like they ride flat out, which i think would suit my current level of fitness.