la Vuelta on ITV?

Mac9
Mac9 Posts: 134
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Any news if ITV are showing la Vuelta next month?

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Pretty much a banker to be on the telly. This is where Froomes profile to be hyped up to the extremes.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Last year they had a 30 minute highlights show each night I think, no live coverage from what i remember?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Last year there was live coverage from 3pm IIRC with Ned and Matt Rendell presenting and Matt Keenan doing commentary.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    matt keenan makes your ears bleed!
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • daviegb
    daviegb Posts: 126
    Last year ITV announced their tv coverage for the vuelta on 19th August - the commentary was very poor from what I remember. Think I'll be sticking with Eurosport's coverage!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... edule.html
  • Marco4
    Marco4 Posts: 4
    ITV's commentary being poor is pretty standard, surely? Its the same across all sports.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Last year loads of people complained about just about everything - the commentary, the studio, the picture, the race, the highlights, Rendell's shirts etc. So I doubt they'll bother again. No-one complains about repeats of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Marco4
    Marco4 Posts: 4
    Would be a shame if they didn't; my other half much prefers the ITV stuff, its that bit friendlier to the casual observer, and, much as I mock the commentary, its all good fun.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    RichN95 wrote:
    Last year loads of people complained about just about everything - the commentary, the studio, the picture, the race, the highlights, Rendell's shirts etc. So I doubt they'll bother again. No-one complains about repeats of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

They'll complain as long as they can breathe. Maybe Britain's success will make them stick with it. I hope so they've made the decision to.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Quantum Leap 8)

I wish they'd show the Giro as well. Some of those climbs/descents are rather nice.
  • PuttyKnees
    PuttyKnees Posts: 381
    A bit off topic I know, but we're thinking of going to watch a few stages of the Vuelta, probably 4, 5 & 6. 5 and 6 look easy enough to plan for - drive somewhere likely and watch the peleton zoom by, but curious about 4. Dumb questions I know, but how do people usually get up on to the course? Are you usually allowed to drive up in the morning or is it a case of getting up the night before and camping out?