The Problem With Losing Weight

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Is that it's costing me a bloody fortune in new clothes.

I was initally an XL, then a L and now a M.

Cycling is so expensive!! (I do like to have all the fancy kit!)

And I have a little bit more weight to lose yet!

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Problem I've found is I now get blown across the road in cross winds!
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    On the plus side, I got loads of bike-related parcels arriving these days!

Plus I too have noticed that cross-winds affect me more!
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    its while before i get affected by sidewinds lol

got my first set of bib pants today and must say i certainly feel the part..

just completed a 12 mile ride and feeling all eager to drop a size,, certainly will be treating myself to a more colourfull outfit on the next size..

the good thing is you always get a buyer for your old gear on here

as someone is always ready to buy your old gear,,

that how i justify my new purchases anyway...
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Over the last 12 months I've done the same - XL down to M thanks to the bike. I have one shirt that fits me - one I bought 20 years ago but i got too big to wear it. None of my trousers now fit me. My suit looks like I stole it from a fat bloke (which in a way I did). Even some of the cycling gear I bought six months ago is looking a bit loose and flappy. Great, isn't it?
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    I look forward to this happening to me. Still 16st at the moment and it takes some lugging up those hills!

Cheers
    MarkP
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • I'm so happy I could f£&@ing dance I just wasted £40 on Endura FS260 bib shorts that are too big :D Best money I've ever wasted even if can't sell them on!
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    £10 for the bib-shorts ;-)
  • I've gone from 21 stone to 18 stone over the last year i know I'm still heavy but I'm averaging 17.5mph over 60 miles and don't look so much like a telly tubby on a bike any more :) i do like buying new cloths :D
    Trek Madone 5.9 2012
    Cboardman Team 2011
  • jagx400
    jagx400 Posts: 132
    Since March I've gone from 18st 6lbs to 16st, feeling good as that was my goal to be reached by end of July.

Ive got a whole wardrobe of clothes I bought ages ago that now fit again.

Next target 14.5st by Xmas.
  • si2k2000
    si2k2000 Posts: 61
    I agree, it's a great way to lose weight and I am loving getting back into lots of my old clothes and generally stuff that I bought that I could never fit in but could be bothered to take back. In Jan I was 20st4lbs and now weight 17st8lbs and have gone for a 44" waist down to a 38" waist. Still a long way to go but loving getting there.