Where can I ride?

benkxk
benkxk Posts: 151
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hey all,

Only been riding on the road for about 2 months now. And just want to ask a quick question.

There is a route I am interested in, but to get there you have to cross the junctions for a main A road (A421) and I have always wondered if it is safe to do so?

As far as I know you can ride anywhere except if it is sign posted and so I'm just wondering if you can cycle across it...??

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Of course it's legal to cycle on any A road apart from the few where specific no-cycling signs are provided. If it's safe depends on your own judgement, the road layout etc. Only you can judge that. I suspect it is.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Dunno where you are but I often ride along the 421.

You can't go on motorways and dual c/ways designated as motorway. Railway lines are probably a no-no (along, across would be ok).

Go where you please. Roads are a shared national resource that everyone has a right to. Using a motor vehicle on them is only allowed under licence. Safety is a subjective opinion; your opinion is the most important in that situation. No-one else should be making it for you. (it is safe though :wink: )