Armoured Under shorts

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Morning all

Need some under shorts to go under my MT500s

So was thinking i might get some with some extra protection, since the last couple of times ive been out ive come back with bruised thighs (mostly from falling on my handlebars)

Any recommendations? i dont need full on armour as im only doing trail riding, just some added protection

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    The ones I've seen don't include any pad which is a bit irritating, since presumably that means you're supposed to wear two sets of undershorts. That's what stopped me bothering in the past anyway.
  • Never tried any padded shorts but read up a bit about them after a few heavy stacks and from the looks of them and reviews they are all going to be virtually useless. All the padding is so thin, padded shorts will only prevent abrasions but will never stop bruising or heavy damage, even the plastic armour ones to make you move like Robocop. What they all do is prevent movement and will make you hotter and more uncomfortable in seems.

Companys to try would be Bluegrass, 661, Alpinestars, Troy Lee Designs and Knox. Decathlon has some particularly useless ones if your on a budget.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x