Dear Eurosport...

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
Dear Eurosport,
Why cannot I use my current 'Sports Fan' subscription to view Eurosport via my Android phone?
Surely, I dont have to pay again?
I am only using one viewing at a time, usually on a PC but every so often via my phone would be my wish.
Many thanks

I am not holding out for any sensible answer from them apart from
'we vant your europounds, pay up your cheapskayt british buffoon.....'

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Same with an iPad. When I signed up I thought I was paying for the service to view online. There's nothing obvious in the sign-up that suggests otherwise; course when I tried on the iPad it doesn't work - it needs Flash.

Flurry of emails to Eurosport CS resulted in nothing but a bland response, that I signed up for 12 months and when that's up I can cancel. If I want to watch on an IOS device I have to buy that service, which is provided by Apple.

Their sign-up process is flawed, their CS is less than helpful. Guess whether I plan to renew next year when it runs out? Not a chance.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Dear Subsciber

If you'd actually read the terms and conditions we ask you to verify that you've read when you sign up for the service, you'd have noticed that they say, in bold letters for the particulalry dim, that "The Service has been designed to work under Windows Vista, Windows XP or Macintosh OS".

Just to confirm, and to stop you bombarding our care agents with unncessary correspondence, the service won't work on other electrical equipment that may contain a display including fridges, washing machines, teasmaids, gps devices, in car entertainment pods or even your cordless phone.

On that basis, and again to confirm, we are quite happy to take a measly £2.99 per month out of your bank account for 12 months if you choose to sign up for a service that you either don't have the technology to use, or attempt to use it on a device on which we quite clearly tell you the service won't work.

Yours in irritation.

Eurosport.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    beverick wrote:
    Dear Subsciber

If you'd actually read the terms and conditions we ask you to verify that you've read when you sign up for the service, you'd have noticed that they say, in bold letters for the particulalry dim, that "The Service has been designed to work under Windows Vista, Windows XP or Macintosh OS".

Just to confirm, and to stop you bombarding our care agents with unncessary correspondence, the service won't work on other electrical equipment that may contain a display including fridges, washing machines, teasmaids, gps devices, in car entertainment pods or even your cordless phone.

On that basis, and again to confirm, we are quite happy to take a measly £2.99 per month out of your bank account for 12 months if you choose to sign up for a service that you either don't have the technology to use, or attempt to use it on a device on which we quite clearly tell you the service won't work.

Yours in irritation.

Eurosport.
    It didn't say that when I signed up. I'd have noticed.