Small upgrades

Hidden Hippo
Hidden Hippo Posts: 79
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
I've had my bike (Merida Matts Pro-D) a little while now and am considering a couple of small changes. To be honest, I'm just changing things for the sake of changing things, but what small upgrades will make it more enjoyable to ride. I don't want to spend much, only £50/60 or so.

What sort of upgrades would I be looking at? I was thinking pedals and saddle might be a good place to start - any suggestions of well priced/good upgrades at that price?

Comments

• u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    if you find the saddle uncomfy then thats a good upgrade to another one, the charge spoon or madison copy both get very good reviews so worth a look. pedals again are the same, if your feet fall off alot of get uncomfy mabye worth getting pin type pedals or better shoes? if both of those are fine really and only really doing for the sake then tyres are always worth a look at so depending upon your riding type and places you ride etc. take a look on the search function as there are millions of good threads to help you. but other than that i really wouldnt bother, youd be better off saving the money and doing somthing bigger down the line or somthing :)
    Ben
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Charge Spoon (Wiggle had some on sale for £15) and a set of Wellgo MG1's (Low £30's on Ebay). Best £50 you'll spend, except for decent tyres.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I was thinking the Charge Spoon - seen a lot on here about it being a nice saddle for fits all. Pedals sound nice - I don't feel confident enough for clipless yet, but a grippier set of flats would be nice.

I'd love to upgrade the tyres, but I use my bike for commuting to the station a lot, and don't want to wear out a nice set on that, nor do I want to faff about changing the tyres each time I want to go to work. New wheels in the future will bring new tyres unless the current ones wear out.