Surrey Bike Festival Challenge

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
Just a heads up for a chance to win a grand in case anyone nearby missed it.

http://road.cc/content/news/61940-win-% ... -challenge
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    Problem is at Bikelab with 1000 pounds you don't buy much... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Anyone try this ? I managed 5:14 which was OK I guess without cleats and on an unfamiliar bike setup with Campag shifters (I think - button on inside top of hoods). I certainly didn't find it easy to anticipate the change in hill gradient, even though they had a sort of profile being displayed in front of the bike on a laptop, and as a result frequently found myself in the wrong gear and as I use Shimano shifters found the button change a bit odd.

However very impressed with the turbo and how it seemed to replicate the change in gradient although perhaps it could have been graduated more as the change appeared to be just a bit to sudden.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    dsoutar wrote:
    Anyone try this ? I managed 5:14 which was OK I guess without cleats and on an unfamiliar bike setup with Campag shifters (I think - button on inside top of hoods). I certainly didn't find it easy to anticipate the change in hill gradient, even though they had a sort of profile being displayed in front of the bike on a laptop, and as a result frequently found myself in the wrong gear and as I use Shimano shifters found the button change a bit odd.

However very impressed with the turbo and how it seemed to replicate the change in gradient although perhaps it could have been graduated more as the change appeared to be just a bit to sudden.

Shame the time does not reflect a realistic one...
    left the forum March 2023
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    How do you know ?? :wink: