Dangers on the Tour

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Read an little piece in the 'I" yesterday about the dangers on the tour. Some i'd forgotten about some I don't recall at all.

2009 - Oscar Freire and Julian Dean fired on by a man hiding in the woods in the Vosges region. Freire apparently removed the bullets himself.

2001 - An irate spectator drove his car through the barriers at Metz, injuring 4 people some of whom were treated on the winners podium.

1999 Pepper thrown in the riders faces

British holiday maker hurls rocks at riders in the Vuelta (a young corneymede??)and in 78 at the vuelta protesters blocked the rode with logs.

The article, however, never mentioned the biggest danger of all - Abdoujaparov sprinting. :D
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• I gather that Abdoujaparov now trains racing pigeons. I thought they needed a sense of direction.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    "removed the bullets himself" a bit over dramatic with the wording there, it was an air rifle, not an actual rifle.

l.jpg
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    You ever been shot with an air rifle? I definitely wouldn't fancy it whilst riding a stage of le Tour.
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Falling off the side of a mountain is quite dangerous
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • http://youtu.be/eZrxyijba50

Dogs?

Andy

(Anyone know how to embed video?)
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    General muppetry by spectators and Jens Voigt being Jens Voigt, which is to say, animated and entertaining...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgWWceYwbY
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...