fork service?

mr joey
mr joey Posts: 427
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
best place to send my fork to please for a service and what am i looking at ££££ thanks fork is a fox 32R

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Mojo, and about £100 plus postage, plus parts if anythign is broken (they'll ask you first).
  • Evans cycles service them for £75, plus P&P at about £10 not including repair parts. There is an Evans in Lancaster, might save you P&P.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    loco tuning is the cheapest i've found, they did my rear shock a while back and it came back spot on:

http://locotuning.co.uk/
  • mr joey
    no evans in lancaster just leisure lakes halfords and the edge + a few small lbs
  • Ah sorry this link got me confused http://www.evanscycles.com/stores/Leisu ... 0Lancaster
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    TF Tuned. Very similar price to Mojo. Had my rear shock serviced by them. Very pleased with the service they provided. Kept up to date with what was going on by text and email. Virtually replaced everything inside for £100. They also send all the old parts back to you, just to prove work has been carried out.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    if only car garages would do that. I asked for some bits they'd 'replaced' but were not forthcoming. Don't go there any more.
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Don't ever go to evans for anything, especially if it involves them touching your bike! It'll fall apart as soon as you ride it afterwards. We got the mrs last DH bike from there because they happened to have her size for a good price, they wouldn't let us take it away until the mechanic had given it a 'once over'. Got it home, rode it up the road and the lock on grip came off in her hand then the driveside crank arm fell off! Sorted it all out before riding a trail on it but if that had happened on a DH track it could have caused serious injury.

J-Tech is the one i'd recommend after having been to a few places. About £80 plus parts.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    welshkev wrote:
    loco tuning is the cheapest i've found, they did my rear shock a while back and it came back spot on:

http://locotuning.co.uk/
    I can recommend Locotuning. One man band (Simon) and knows his sh1t.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They aren't the cheapest (around £100) but I always use TF Tuned. Every fork and shock I have sent to them comes back better than new. Their booking is good as well, usually have the shock or fork no more than a day.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So any of the bunch do a good job.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mr joey
    cheers lads prob give mojo or tf a try thanks for your feedback
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mr joey wrote:
    cheers lads prob give mojo or tf a try thanks for your feedback

just out of interest why pay around 20 quid more to get tf or mojo to do it?

they're both great places and i've had my forks serviced by tf before and they were spot on. but if you can get the same job done cheaper elsewhere why wouldn't you :?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I use TF Tuned because they are always reliable, their delivery charges are less than some others & when you need new parts such as dampers they are cheaper than others.
    My forks always come back from them feeling better than new.