Halfords in Glasgow

muzzan
muzzan Posts: 203
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Hi Folks,

I have a Boardman CX which is displaying signs of the dreaded bottom bracket problems (clicking on pedal strokes etc) & is also due its "free" service... Much as I am enjoying the bike I am well aware that Halfords staff are not the best. The shop I bought it from (Bishoppbriggs) did not do anything to dispell this notion (eg set up a large when I had ordered a medium). So I was wondering if anyone had had a good (or at least ok) experience in any of the Halfords stores in and around Glasgow so I could maybe put the bike in there instead?

Cheers

Comments

• Moodyman
    Moodyman Posts: 158
    Surly if the bike is still due a first service the bottom bracket should be sorted out as a warranty issue.

I'd take it back to Halfords and let them have a look. You can't make any warranty claims against them if you've not given them a chance to look at it and put it right.

PS -don't believe all you read about Halfords. They're fine most ofthe time. It's fashionable in cycling circles to knock them.
  • Badrod
    Badrod Posts: 17
    Have a Boardman HT pro ready for a service, so I'd be interested in which Halfords you use.

I cannot recommend the Clydebank one as they assed up my daughters carrera luna, and made a serious cod of fitting some roofbars, both events cost me a good half day to resolve myself (in their favour however, after I kicked off in store they refunded £50).
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    The problem with chainstores like Halfrauds is that they tend to employ anyone regardless of the persons interests or background. When I needed my rear mech sorting out, I looked for local independently owned bike shop, the guy who owned it seemed to eat-live-sleep cycling and know a thing or two.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby