Manitou Nixon Elite - Any Experience

yenkee
yenkee Posts: 27
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Anyone have any experience of riding with a Manitou Nixon Elite fork? Are they any good?
How does this compare to the market? How much would you pay second hand :?:

Thanks,

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    A mate had a pair about 3 or 4 years ago & found them very good. Relaible & good performance he said. No personal experience & I haven't seen any recently. I'd guess they would be cheap but couldn't give you a figure.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I had some Shermans which were from a similar year I guess. Wasnt mad keen on them, used to dive through their travel quite easily if I remember rightly. Also, the construction quality was wank (considering their price) - Lots of cheapo dials and plastic bits.

I swapped them for some Marzocchi 66's - a better fork.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I have some, lots of adjustability and work nicely. They seem well made and are very light considering their size
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • prowbiker
    prowbiker Posts: 43
    I have some on my Heckler - 130 - 160 TPC+

They are very plush and have never been a problem ( I had them serviced at TF Tuned and even they said they were worth keeping etc )

The compression hasnt worked for ages and I recently lost travel adjust too, now stuck in 160......BUT......I still love em, meaty, plush, dependable.
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • prowbiker
    prowbiker Posts: 43
    However .... may change em as more recently lost height adjust and cant be bothered sending them to TF again.... see my post

One minus is that you need a really thin walled socket to get the fork apart if you want to service them yourself....
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006