Liverpool Loop line commute

liz kay
liz kay Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Hello,
Thinking of trying to use the loop line to commute to work, but would ideally like to buddy up with another rider for at least part of the route. Is anyone using this route on a daily basis? I would like to jump on at Broadgreen between 7.30-8am and exit at Aintree. However, I'm more concerned with the return and would be leaving Aintree at around 4.30pm to return to Broadgreen. It's not the distance that concerns me, but who I might meet en route!
Thanks

Comments

• tonysp
    tonysp Posts: 11
    Ummmm, well we both know at least one of the areas you need to pass through can be a bit suspect.
    Something to consider, schools break up this week so returning at 4:30 pm may have its hazards, cant see many problems during the morning.

Its one of them things, no problems for years then you bump into the wrong person.

Is the longer road route out of the question ?
  • liz kay
    liz kay Posts: 3
    We did a recce yesterday evening, and I must admit I was really surprised about how much distance we covered in such a short time.Spoke to the community police officers too on patrol and they seemed to think it would be best to avoid evenings. I must admit, I don't really fancy the road version much either(Wavertree to Litherland) as it's pretty sketchy in the car as it is (right hand turns across trunk roads). The slicks should arrive in the next couple of days, so think I will give it a go and only then will know.
  • I often ride the route with my son, (i actually live in Aintree) and as someone who is not much bothered about who I would encounter on the route I do see where you are coming from regarding who you may bump into, and even though you can cover ground really quickly there are a few lengths of the route (Norris Green)especially) that I could see that you might want to avoid.
    If you cut down the drive you can actually join at Walton Hall Avenue, but getting to that point means running some pretty busy roads to actually get there, maybe cutting through West Derby could be quicker and quieter??

Dave