Some questions on Twitter

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
I'm thinking of inviting friends and colleagues to follow a long distance ride I'm doing via Twitter. I don't use it normally but I do have an account.

What I'm not sure on is how it interacts with Facebook. I have a Facebook page but don't really want to have as friends on there everyone who might follow the ride on Twitter. So, if I link my Facebook account to Twitter how are my Facebook postings reported via Twitter?

Example - I update Facebook to say I've reach such-and-such a point. Does that get re-posted to everyone subscribing to the Twitter account?

If you are subscribed to me on Twitter but not Facebook would anything reposted on Twitter via Facebook give non-Facebook subscribers the chance to gain access to the Facebook page?

I'm sure the answers to this are very straightforward but as I dont use Twitter at all and Facebook only a bit then its a bit of a mystery to me.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    my bro in law recently did a charity thing and used fb and twitter to keep all up to date. why dont you set up a group in FB and add those you know will follow you to the group. Its far easier to manage rather than worrying about who'll see/not see your posts.

Anyway here's a handy tutorial for you

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2009/01/2 ... s-updates/
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Thanks for that