bike hut track pump, how to work with presta?

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
i was bought a bike hut track pump for my birthday, i am probably being totally stupid but just can't see how it works with presta valves, it definatley is meant too but I'm just an idiot!
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    What model?
    Does it say dual head or similar?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Apologies if you already are, but you need to unscrew the nut on the valve before air will go in ;)
  • Wobbit
    Wobbit Posts: 91
    If its the same as my bikehut pump its a dual head, just push it on either valves
    Neilpryde Alize - Kinesis 4S - Cube Ltd
  • biscuit959
    biscuit959 Posts: 111
    If its a dual head just use the other side. If not, you should be able to unscrew the cap, flip the bit inside around and hey presta(where's my coat :p) it should work :)

Check the pic for the two bits inside to flip around http://shopping.howei.com/image/data/us ... e_pump.jpg
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    just read on the we bite its meant to have a "clever valve"to automatically adapt to either, so will have another go in the morning
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • biscuit959
    biscuit959 Posts: 111
    I assume its this one then? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... pping#tab1

I have no idea what this clever valve is sorry haha. Good luck with it though
  • adm1
    adm1 Posts: 180
    I have one of those. It's actually rather good. I think mine was £20 at the time.

Just make sure to unscrew the nut on the valve, press the pump head securely onto it and flip the lever on the head through 90 degrees until it lines up with the valve. It's a bit counterintuitive as you'd think you'd want to have it "down", but flip it "up" if you see what I mean.

Then just pump.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yes, got one too as I had a freebie Halfords voucher to use up. Unscrew the valve retainer on the tyre and simply push the pump head onto the valve and flip the lever to secure.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..