Bike Bag

SalvoCyclist
SalvoCyclist Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Tour & expedition
Can anyone help? I am planning an A to B trip abroad and want some advice on the best way to store my bike bag during the trip. I will be flying in and out of different airports and will therefore need my bag both ways for the flight. Does anyone have any advice about the best way to send it on to my return destination and storage etc?

Comments

• jalapeno
    jalapeno Posts: 1,009
    Can anyone help? I am planning an A to B trip abroad and want some advice on the best way to store my bike bag during the trip. I will be flying in and out of different airports and will therefore need my bag both ways for the flight. Does anyone have any advice about the best way to send it on to my return destination and storage etc?

Ground Effect (NZ) do a couple of bags that fold down very small.. the Tardis and the Body Bag - I have the latter. They're small enough to post or courier, you may be able to courier with someone like DHL and arrange a pick up from their depot at a later date, or use Post Restante or something. All you'd need then is to scavenge some cardboard for a bt of extra padding.

Painted Roads.. colourful cycling adventures
    http://www.paintedroads.com
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    What jalapeño said (except I have the GE Tardis). I have sent it by normal post in France, Spain and Italy - get one of the polythene mailers from the post Office and take some sticky labels and Sellotape. Book a room at your destination and post it to the hotel (although Poste Restante/Lista de Correos/Fermoposta is also an option)