Llandegla accident - thank you

grl
grl Posts: 65
edited July 2012 in MTB general
Quick message to thanks to all those who helped me and a mate who parted company with his bike on Saturday on the black run and broke his leg. The centre manager and ambulance staff were fantastic but my particular thanks went to those cyclists who stopped and helped for an hour, taking time to ensure no one came down the track and lent me random pices of clothing to keep my mate warm.

Cheers

Giles
Cube AMS 110 Pro
Spesh Rockhopper Comp
Bianchi Nirone 7
Spesh Sirrus Comp
Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)

Comments

• Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    There's a big thread on this on Singletrack! Some of the guys who helped out were trying to figure out if you were okay. Hope your mate is on the mend. G
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Best wishes to your mate for a speedy recovery !

What happened??

My mate had an unlucky one funnily enough at cannock on saturday too... Slipped on the rocks on one of the black sections and tore his quad ligament. Back home now though after 2 nights and an operation courtesy of the NHS :)
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    I was up at Lladegla on Wednesday and came off about 3/4 of the way around. Luckily I only hurt my hip along with some flesh wounds (tore up elbow, shin, hip and shoulder). A lot of blood but nothing broken.

Hope your friend has a speedy recovery. I know being off the bike just for a few days has frustrated me.
  • grl
    grl Posts: 65
    He came over the jump and didnt get his landing right, think it was front wheel first, shock recoiled fully and threw him off.

Can see the thread in Singletrack forum but not able to post on it so I hope people get to see it. There was a group of lads from Sheffield who were fantastic - stopped people from coming down, lending me their coats and then helped get him onto the 4x4 to get him down the slope to the ambulance. Really blown away by how helpful people are, makes yer proud!
    Cube AMS 110 Pro
    Spesh Rockhopper Comp
    Bianchi Nirone 7
    Spesh Sirrus Comp
    Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)