Paid deposit on a Pinarello FP Uno, so excited.

NITR8s
NITR8s Posts: 688
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Just wanted to share with you guys that yesterday I paid a deposit on a Pinarello FP Uno in British cycling scheme and I am so excited. Such a lovely bike and I only paid £1050 for it.

Comments

• Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Good work!

PS what is the British Cycling Scheme - I am a member but honestly have no idea of their benefits other than the legal cover.
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    Secteur wrote:
    Good work!

PS what is the British Cycling Scheme - I am a member but honestly have no idea of their benefits other than the legal cover.
    I think he was referring to the colour scheme
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Ahhh! D'oh!!

Thought maybe they did discounts on Pinarello's!
  • NITR8s
    Yer I am refering to the colour scheme. I cant wait, bike shop gives a full bike fitting as well.

I kinda overspent my £800 budget thou, whoops.
  • NITR8s wrote:

Bet you the overspend amount you don't regret it :D
  • NITR8s
    Yep and I thank Evans cycles in Bristol poor service for the fact I overspent my budget and got a much better bike.

I paid £50 deposit to test ride a bike and also hold the crunch10 discount code to the weekend. Got up there the bike I paid the deposit for was still in a box and not built, was offered a test ride on the next one up that had better groupset and wheelset. So refused as wouldnt give an accurate guide.

Then enquired about the BMC and was told they were sold out. However, when I got home I phoned evans head office and was advised they had 6 left and the Bristol store could have got one. Phoned them back on Saturday and advised they have stock and want the bike with the 10% discount. They then tried to phob me off by saying the bike had been reduced by 10% since the deal, dispite this extra 10% already being discount during the deal. It then took them to today to get back to me and in the mean time the helpful guys at TriUK in Yeovil, offered me a deal I couldnt refuse.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    NITR8s wrote:

It won't be the last time, it's just the start.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    Make sure you buy the British Olympic team kit to match it :D

Seriously - lovely bike. Enjoy!
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • Mikelancs
    Mikelancs Posts: 99
    OHHHHH thats nice, prefer it in Blue and Black, looks Sky Team like!.

Any how nice ride!.
    2012 Giant TCR Composite 3
  • nathb84
    nathb84 Posts: 27
    I bought an Fp1 one about six months ago in team sky colours, also got it heavily discounted. Looked around since and realised despite the discount i could have got a better spec bike for the money. But you know what i couldnt care less because Pinarellos are so damn sexy! Welcome to the Pinarello club!
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    Loving my Pinarello also !!!!

never looked back since i got mine only a few weeks ago.
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • NITR8s
    When I get it im gonna cycle so slow through town, just to make sure everyone has a good look at my bike.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Gizmo_ wrote:
    Make sure you buy the British Olympic team kit to match it :D

Seriously - lovely bike. Enjoy!
    NITR8s wrote:
    When I get it im gonna cycle so slow through town, just to make sure everyone has a good look at my bike.

Oh dear, be very careful as what seems a great idea today may indeed be looked back on by your good self as not so cool at a later, much more experienced cyclist date. :wink:

PP