HELP: getting Sidi shoe fit *just right*

rjhayter
rjhayter Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in MTB general
Just fortunate enough to get a pair of Sidi Dominator 5 shoes. While they are snug across my instep and are very comfortable, I'm getting a tiny bit of heel-lift when walking (I haven't ridden in them yet). Does the collective wisdom of the bikeradar Forum have any suggestions for solving that small problem? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    There's several things that you can try, to sort out heel-lift, such as putting a knot in the laces in between eyelets, using heel-lift inserts, or volume reducing tongue depressors etc.
    However, in my experience, if you have heel lift, the shoe (or boots, in my case) just don't fit your foot.
    Mind you, aren't those some particularly stiff soled shoes anyway? I'm guessing that maybe heel lift is the only way you could walk in them?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Think Yeehaa has a point about the stiff sole and walking. If any thing my...ahem...road shoes are too tight and I still get heel lift walking, but not when riding.

As with all top end leather/leather substitute shoes I find taking them for a few rides in the p1ssing rain is the best thing you can do as it softens them up, stretches them out and generally moulds them to your feet!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver