beginner sunglasses

Verdeblanco
Verdeblanco Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
i wear contacts when i Cycle ,and i fancy coloured lenses to improve the contrast.Any suggestions ?? Also what colours are for what condition .

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I have a set of the DHB glasses (Wiggle), cheap, look reasonable and come with irridium lens for bright sun, orange high contrast lens for overcast ( really good) and almost clear for dusk. They come in a nice protective case for frames and lenses and I really can't fault them. I also have a pair of Oakleys, but that's because I'm a tart - to be honest the increase in price doesn't match the step up in performance.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I got some 7quid jobbies from sports direct, come with 4 different colour lenses and in case etc. Bang on for £7.
  • +1 for the DHBs. The only downside is that they fog up really easily if you stop.
    They demist really quickly though. The other alternative is to keep riding.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • I got fed up with changing lenses so got some Rudy Project Impact X with the photochromatic lenses. Probably a bit much for the commute though. They are nice though.
  • Bolle have a range of safety glasses that are high quality, yet inexpensive and look surprisingly good on the bike. They come in clear and tinted lenses. Plenty of vendors on the interweb, including ebay.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • tallmansix
    tallmansix Posts: 57
    I like my Tifosi Ventus from LBS FOR £35.00. Three lenses, clear, mid and full tiny, vented to keep them clear when on the move, light and comfortable. The hard and soft case make it versatile.

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/p ... 2e78ec2b53
    FCN=10 Carrera Subway II with touring kit = rack, 2x Panniers and a bottle.
    No car, just a bike for everything 100+ miles / week. Commute daily Chorlton-Manchester or Chorlton-Horwich