new tyres

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone seen any good deals on decent 700x23 folder tyres recently? Something fast yet puncture proof.I had Michelin krylions but they finally wore out.they were fantastic, in 2 years I had about 2 punctures.I switched to some schwalbe stelvio light and they are RUBBISH.I've had about 5 punctures in less than a month...so I'm just wondering if anyone's seen any decent tyres going cheap...I'm not bothered what brand etc as long as they're half decent and fairly p proof
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've been very impressed with the Vittoria Rubino Pros that came with the Volagi - 1500 miles and not a single flat. I put 4000Ss on for the Etape Caledonia - in the following week I got 2 flats and I couldn't detect any speed difference (whereas the 4000S are quicker than the Gatorskin). Rubinos are back on and going strong (hit 47mph on them this morning). Rubinos are great value too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    On the Kingston wheelers club ride I was just on, I counted 9 bikes, 8 of which had GP4000s...
  • Headhuunter
    I know the popular tyres it's more actual retailers doing special offers that I'm interested in...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Deleted an email, but I think it was from Ribble; buy 2 Pro 4 Endurance (Krylion replacement) get 2 Lithiums free. Might suit.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Well Rubino Pros are 40% off at Wiggle (under £12 each) and score 4.6/5 from 160 ratings - sounds like great value to me...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Headhuunter
    Well Rubino Pros are 40% off at Wiggle (under £12 each) and score 4.6/5 from 160 ratings - sounds like great value to me...

Thanks sounds good, I'll look that up and asprilla's...thanks
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I got a pair of your favourite Krillions on Parker int'l - cheap too. They may still have some. Mine were the 'Carbon' Krillions, with the grey stripe - excellent tyre for a winter bike/commute/training thingy
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    On the Kingston wheelers club ride I was just on, I counted 9 bikes, 8 of which had GP4000s...
    +1
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    I got a pair of your favourite Krillions on Parker int'l - cheap too. They may still have some. Mine were the 'Carbon' Krillions, with the grey stripe - excellent tyre for a winter bike/commute/training thingy
    yeah that's what I had, the carbons...will have a look
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I'm still trying to wear out my krylions so I can then try some pro race 4 endurances, the back is squaring off a bit but still feels fine