Speedzone Sport wireless trip computer

Ian McNaughton
Ian McNaughton Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Can anyone pleasse advise where on the front forks the 'transmitter'/speed sensor unit should be located - nearest the hub or the nearest the rim/brake or otherwise since I'm sure the location makes a difference to the accuracy of the display? At the moment the speed sensore located just below the brake pad holder.
Thanks!
Ian.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,150
    high/low on the forks makes no difference to accuracy, all that the sensor does is detect the wheel magnet going past once per revolution

just make sure you mount it with the body on the *leading* edge of the fork, so that if it gets knocked inwards it will be pushed back out by the spokes rather than dragged in
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    sungod wrote:
    high/low on the forks makes no difference to accuracy, all that the sensor does is detect the wheel magnet going past once per revolution

just make sure you mount it with the body on the *leading* edge of the fork, so that if it gets knocked inwards it will be pushed back out by the spokes rather than dragged in
    +1. Personally I like to mount the sensor high as it is less likely to get bumped and/or caught in the spokes when removing the wheel although not really a major issue 99% of the time. Just when you're on the road fixing a flat, it's raining, you're late, you're spent and become prone to brain farts. But usually mounting it anywhere is fine. 8)