Tip tips for keeping the rain out of your face.

TheEnglishman
TheEnglishman Posts: 587
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Ok - so buying a copy of FHM and watching Ms Pendleton will work.

But of I want to go out what are the best ways to keep the rain out of my eyes? Wear a baseball hat under your helmet? Do those peak thingies on helmets actually work? I wear glasses (hopefully soon trying contacts, if Boots can pull their finger out) sp trickles of water dribbling into my eyes I have a fairly uncomfortable time in this 'summer' of ours.

What say you all weather riders?

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    A cycling cap under yr helmet can help
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Cycling cap - definitely not baseball cap. Will work better than a peak as its closer to your face.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Cycling cap; don't leave home without it.

Keeps both rain and sun out of your eyes, keeps you head warm in winter and soaks up the sweat in summer.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    Cycling cap for me (Walz), but I regularly wear it backwards in an old-school sort of way (I don't - as yet - own a helmet) and it doesn't bother me too much when it rains.

I can't recommend a baseball cap though; the peaks are too long and unadjustable for cycling in my honest opinion. Cycling caps have short ones for good reason, and you can have the peak in two different positions (the latter of which is commonly used under helmets):

Mr. Anquetil
    Anquetil_J13%20cut.jpg

Some other guy
    07_custom-cycling-cap-1.jpg