beware ebay scam whyte 146 works. £1300

big_barker
big_barker Posts: 526
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Looks very dodgy ive enquired and he is saying that he will get ebay to contact me for payment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whyte-146-Wor ... d=ViewItem

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not sure what exactly you mean, but if he is breaking the rules report it to Ebay.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Fallsalot
    Fallsalot Posts: 23
    Good spot, seems strange to say email for terms of sale. Surely the terms are you bid more than snyone else, goes along with you money, check bike is what it should be, pay and leave with shiney new bike.

I wouldnt be surprissed of you get a dodgy ebay/paypal email adking for payment by clicking a link now
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    big barker wrote:
    Looks very dodgy ive enquired and he is saying that he will get ebay to contact me for payment
    he is talking about the buy it now price, no doubt he wants people to contact him before bidding so he can do the deal outside of ebay and not have to pay them there share, not really hard to work out... or , reading that again, sounds like he's had problems before so only want a verified account holder who's been with them for a while, take your pick
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • big_barker
    To start with the picture isent his this bike was for sale around 2 weeks ago and it was for sale at £3000 this guy has took the picture for his listing. Ive asked for a pic but he hadent got back to me surprise. The guy said that he will get ebay to send me the details to pay so the transaction is safe so he would still incure fees. Its a scam why sell a £5000 bike for £1300
  • chez_m356
    big barker wrote:
    To start with the picture isent his this bike was for sale around 2 weeks ago and it was for sale at £3000 this guy has took the picture for his listing. Ive asked for a pic but he hadent got back to me surprise. The guy said that he will get ebay to send me the details to pay so the transaction is safe so he would still incure fees. Its a scam why sell a £5000 bike for £1300
    £3999 new, and why not, people have many reasons to sell things, if your so worried contact ebay or the police :wink:
  • The other dodgy bit is in the title it says "ridden once" and in the product description (which he has typed), its completely brand new still in packaging.
  • big_barker
    Iam not worried just letting people no about it
  • cooldad
    I agree it looks a bit dodgy, but the thing to do is report it.
    So I have.
    Ebay don't send payment details, that's done through Paypal or cash on collection. Simple.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • big_barker
    Your right
    Atleast some pure guy will not get conned
  • cooldad
    TBH anyone who buys outside the rules deserves to get taken, they're there for a reason.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    cooldad wrote:
    I agree it looks a bit dodgy, but the thing to do is report it.
    So I have.
    Ebay don't send payment details, that's done through Paypal or cash on collection. Simple.
    surprise surprise its been taken off
    big barker wrote:
    To start with the picture isent his this bike was for sale around 2 weeks ago and it was for sale at £3000 this guy has took the picture for his listing
    and the listing you were talking about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... 702wt_1158 almost identical to the word