So N+1 and a trainer...

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
New house moving into has space in converted loft for bike on trainer... and given it will be a massive pita to get it down from there (and back up again) I need a new bike to go out riding on (or train) - moving to winchester has some benefits. Question is what trainer to go for? Anyone wanting to offload an old one :D
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    You wanted to buy my Gary Fisher, remember? :)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    New house moving into has space in converted loft for bike on trainer... and given it will be a massive pita to get it down from there (and back up again) I need a new bike to go out riding on (or train) - moving to winchester has some benefits. Question is what trainer to go for? Anyone wanting to offload an old one :D

I've got a Cycleops Fluid II and am very happy with it. It hurts though.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    ShandyH wrote:
    It hurts though.

Thats because your old and insulated. :wink:
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    JZed wrote:
    ShandyH wrote:
    It hurts though.

Thats because your old and insulated. :wink:

I'm insulted by your insulation insinuation.
  • MonkeyMonster
    dhope wrote:
    You wanted to buy my Gary Fisher, remember? :)

Ahhh, hmmm - there is an interesting one. Is a fixed/ss actually quite a reasonable idea on a trainer?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    some nice cycling roads near you - the back road from Alton to Arlesford is smooth, fast, just the right level of winding, great views. One of the nicest stretches I've ever had the pleasure to burn rubber on.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Ahh, I remember the old gaolhouse on Saturday nights (& the last bus home at 11:10)
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Nice move were practically neighbors practically.

You'll be needing some form of wet room style flooring and drainage given the 'sweating' issue non? :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MonkeyMonster
    So water based are quiet and also bit more expensive... I know more than a few of you here have one so please can you tell me what make and why i should or shouldn't get please. I am prepared to spend about 150 max I think.

cheers lads.