Commute to work on a bike? Fancy being on TV?

Suzannetv
Suzannetv Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
We are making a new TV show about inventors and looking for people who cycle to work, to watch a 1 min film about a new cycling invention and give us their feedback.

If you can be in Balham, London at approx 6pm on Monday 23rd July – please get in touch. This is a revolutionary invention which could change your life forever….
For more information please contact me on:
SuzanneTrisk@objectiveproductions.com

Comments

• Is it indicators for taxis?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Anywhere particular in Balham? Or will the invention permeate all of Balham?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    is it a ski-lift for Col du Balham Hill?
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    Suzanne

I would recommend bringing the wide angle lens. Otherwise you will end up chopping off half of our thighs? Also, can JZed wear his white stilettoes?
  • Suzannetv
    I love all the guesses but they are not correct! It is all top secret for now... White stilettos are more than welcome and it is taking place at the Balham Exhibit Cinema. It will take no more of an hour of your time, however everyone who attends must be willing to share their opnions on camera if asked..any takers?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Why Balham and not Bicester then? That's metropolitanist that is. What have done to be excluded from a life-changing change?

<mutters...>
    :wink:
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Suzannetv wrote:
    I love all the guesses but they are not correct! It is all top secret for now... White stilettos are more than welcome and it is taking place at the Balham Exhibit Cinema. It will take no more of an hour of your time, however everyone who attends must be willing to share their opnions on camera if asked..any takers?

to watch a 1 minute film will take an hour??????????????????????????????????????
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • It's a high speed cycling path to Brighton -

Balham - Gateway to the south.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    spen666 wrote:
    Suzannetv wrote:

to watch a 1 minute film will take an hour??????????????????????????????????????
    To watch a one minute film, then getting a load of people "to share their opinions on camera" will take "no more than an hour".
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Might've taken a look but 6pm's probably a bit early to be home.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Suzannetv
    Yes - it will take a max of an hour to get the opnions filmed. Sorry to those who live too far away - had to go for London this time..Timings are approximate at this stage, so may be a little later than 6pm too. Don't rule it out just because of timings..
  • dhope
    This is a revolutionary invention which could change your life forever...
    Exhibit in Balham
    futuramafry.jpg
    :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Suzannetv
    come on..I can tell you are tempted!
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Pretty sure I've worked it out

entity.jpg
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Suzannetv
    love it!
  • I know, it's a bike that folds?
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    This is an internet forum.

We can give you opinions without ever seeing the film.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Suzannetv
    good guess but my lips are sealed!
  • dhope
    Had you initially claimed it would be interesting then I'd probably have popped along. Life changing and revolutionary sounds a bit far fetched. I'll skip being an early adopter on this one.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Suzannetv
    You are right I should have said interesting as it is an invention, so I am sure it will be. Thanks for responding anyway and enjoy your weekend.

To anyone else out there who lives/works near Balham it WILL be interesting and it will be great if you want to come along. I have 10 places left.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Balham is way out of my way but I'm kind of intrigued anyway although the earliest I could get there would be about 6.45 and I might be a bit sweaty...but I love being on TV...I was on TV last year, might start trying to make it an annualthing
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    dhope wrote:
    Had you initially claimed it would be interesting then I'd probably have popped along. Life changing and revolutionary sounds a bit far fetched. I'll skip being an early adopter on this one.

Didn't they make the same exaggerated claims about the Segway?

With the current weather, whatever it is needs to be completely waterproof, which knocks back my concept of the bar-mounted frappuccino and muffin holster.
  • is it a bag that attaches to the back of the bike... that would be great, I could store my work clothing, dinner and shower gel in it.. it could be detachable so it could be taken indoors.. it would need some form of bracketery as a frame.
  • dhope
    I just can't imagine any possible improvement to the bike I have

29_square_wheels.jpg.FP
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Suzannetv
    I can see why that bike offers all you need dhope! :D
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    What free stuff will I get?
  • Suzannetv
    Just your moment of fame!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Suzannetv wrote:
    This is a revolutionary invention which could change your life forever….
    It's a dildo bike isn't it! :shock:
  • dhope
    kelsen wrote:
    Suzannetv wrote:
    This is a revolutionary invention which could change your life forever….
    It's a dildo bike isn't it! :shock:
    What's the FCN on that?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Kerguelen
    Kerguelen Posts: 248
    pangolin wrote:
    Pretty sure I've worked it out

entity.jpg

I'd (maybe) go for that. It's better than cycling through the East end of Glasgow.