which cheap handlebars

ritchiehulse
ritchiehulse Posts: 38
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi need some longer handle bars as mine are to short to brake with one finger, what do I look for in handlebars though as I have no clue what makes them good
Thanks richi

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    to fit what size stem and how wide?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Good is is they are comfiortable to ride with. What is your budget?
    Check your stem too - is it 'normal' or 'oversized' (i.e. is the middle of your handlebars fatter).
    If you don't want to buy a new stem, you need to make sure that you buy the right sized bar.
    Also think about the shape of the bar - do you want a 'riser' or a flat bar (risers bend upwards either side if the stem.
    If it is just the length you want to change - go for the same shape as you already have.
    When you buy bars new, many are pretty big and are made to be cut down. Get a larger bar, and cut it down bit-by-bit until you are happy with the size.

Personally I am a fan of Easton products.
    Running with a standard Monkey Bar on my trailbike - light enough and has survived many a crash. The EA30 version is £23 in ChainReaction at the moment.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Thanks a lot for the advice will just go for the same size I have now then just longer thanks
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Exotic from www.carboncycles.cc variety of materials - good quality and prices.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Thanks a lot for the advice will just go for the same size I have now then just longer thanks

Which is?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8