Derby - home of the railways and track cycling

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-de ... e-18811586

Chapeau Derby, now to lobby Brizzle city council....Even though Newport Velo is only 15 miles away!

Comments

• Great news! And Derby(shire) is not only home of the railways, it is also great for cycling along diused railway tracks. A particular favourite of mine is cycling along the old railway track from Littleover to Etwall and then a pint in the great pub there.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Great news! And Derby(shire) is not only home of the railways, it is also great for cycling along diused railway tracks. A particular favourite of mine is cycling along the old railway track from Littleover to Etwall and then a pint in the great pub there.

Well, now you will be able to go round in circles real quick with no brakes and then get a pint in the 'Sports bar'.....
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Great news! And Derby(shire) is not only home of the railways, it is also great for cycling along diused railway tracks. A particular favourite of mine is cycling along the old railway track from Littleover to Etwall and then a pint in the great pub there.
    Yes, I know it well living in Littleover. Which pub? The Hawk?
  • Graham. - Aye, the Hawk, that's the one. Nice boozer. I am from Derby originally but I live in London now. I come back to Derby often to visit the 'rents.

Pleased to hear that Derby is getting a Velodrome. Until recently Ma and Pa often commented that Derby was a town on the slide. They sound more optimistic about the place now. While I am not in a hurry to cycle round in circles quickly, I am pleased that others who want to can do.