TDF 2013 "Centenary" parcours?

Crozza
Crozza Posts: 991
edited July 2012 in Pro race
The route for next year's Tour doesn't appear to have been released (save for a couple of teasers - start in Corsica, coming back to Mainland at Nice) but I have read a few people suggesting that the organisers will visit some of the "classic" stages/climbs as part of the celebrations.

Living on a little island just off the French coast, I really have no excuse not to go ver and it seems like it might be a good time to make my Tour "debut".

Would anyone care to have a guess at what mountains/towns the tour might visit? i have been only watching a couple of years in earnest, and it seems that the Tourmalet, Galibier and Alpe d'Huez have "classic" status - any others?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Mont Ventoux definitely, Luz Ardiden probably
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Am hoping for a prize every day @ 100km.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Crozza wrote:
    Living on a little island just off the French coast,

Great Britain?

I would expect some of the big cities from the first tour to be included - Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse, Bordeaux.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Why is next year the centenary?

Centenary of what?

Perhaps I'm going mad, I've been up most of the night with a very alert baby. Irritatingly out for the count now though.
  • RichN95.
    jim453 wrote:

Centenary of what?

Perhaps I'm going mad, I've been up most of the night with a very alert baby. Irritatingly out for the count now though.

The 100th Edition would be a more accurate way of describing it.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    time trial round futuroscope ?? used to be the prologue venue every other year when leblanc was organising it....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Puy de Dome?

Please!
    Mañana
  • RichN95.
    pb21 wrote:
    Puy de Dome?

Please!

Unusable these days since they put a train up it.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    RichN95 wrote:
    pb21 wrote:
    Puy de Dome?

Please!

Unusable these days since they put a train up it.

That's a shame, always wanted to ride up this one.
    Mañana
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    RichN95 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Centenary of what?

The 100th Edition would be a more accurate way of describing it.

Ah, thank you.
  • I would imagine that it will have Alpe D'Huez, Ventoux, and they'll most definitely include cobbles. I would imagine it's going to be a beast of a tour after this years debacle of a course.

I'm hoping for lots of mountaintop finishes.

They might toss in a team TT, we could also see a mountain TT
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I think they will have one stage that starts at 3am and is 450km long. Riders will have to relay their own carbon if their bike breaks.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    I'm intending going for my first experience of it (other than the Portsmouth stage). I assume the Alpe and Tourmalet will be givens. I thought it would be nice to relive some of the big battlegrounds of the past such as La Plagne. Maybe finish with a TT on the '89 course :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Expect stage starts & finishes at places related to ex French winners.
  • I'm hoping to follow on bike and see efvery stage - as I did in 89 and 94.

The route won't be out until October but there will be a lot of insider infor before that as the Tour books up the hotels etc

As it is the 100th edition I heard it will visit every of the 22 regions ( can't be all 96 departments-would this even possible!)

Will have to do the Galibier of course for the monument then think of every great stage you can remember and it should be in.

This is what you need http://www.velopeloton.com/2013-tour-de-france-route/

although that guesstimate takes in no Vendee or Normandy!