Internal wiring Di2 Ultegra Compatibility

smitton
smitton Posts: 13
edited July 2012 in Road general
Can anyone answer this question? I want to buy an internal wired Ultegra Di2 groupset and am struggling to find information about frame compatibility. If a frame is compatibile with conventional internal cables will it also be compatibile with internal wires? I am interested in a Boardman Air 9.8 frame which is internally cabled but does that make it internally-wired compatible. Seems to be almost no compatability information out there.
Thanks for any info.

Comments

• BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    There is plenty of info out there, ie if a frame is suitable for Di2 internal cabling it will say so, as you have seen the frame you want isnt advertised as such therefore it isnt. Therefore either look for another frame that is, or buy a bike fitted with it already
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    There are some frames that work with both, but that's the exception not the rule. Retro-fitting Di2/Ui2 to a frame designed for conventional gears ofer required ingenuity and lots of cable ties! The size of cable connectors for electronic almost certainly won't fit a conventional, internally routed frame
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • BruceG
    For a non internal frame, you buy the specific external cable set, these come in two sizes to fit smaller and larger frames. They incorporate some rather tidy self adhesive cable trays, which work very well and do not need the ingenuity of lots of cable ties.
    My first Di2 was an external installation to a none Di2 specific frame, and the cable trays are very neat and still in place. If they did begin to come adrift spares are available.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    BruceG wrote:
    For a non internal frame, you buy the specific external cable set, these come in two sizes to fit smaller and larger frames. They incorporate some rather tidy self adhesive cable trays, which work very well and do not need the ingenuity of lots of cable ties.
    My first Di2 was an external installation to a none Di2 specific frame, and the cable trays are very neat and still in place. If they did begin to come adrift spares are available.

Hi,

I've almost bought a complete Campag EPS system and will want to fit to my Colnago, have a a link to these Cable Trays?

Thanks.
  • BruceG
    Velonutter wrote:
    BruceG wrote:

Hi,

I've almost bought a complete Campag EPS system and will want to fit to my Colnago, have a a link to these Cable Trays?

Thanks.

Here is the Chain Reaction page
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=69041

Hope that this helps

Bruce
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Thanks Bruce, I've seen those before, but was hoping somebody had one is clear as the underneath of the C59 has the Colnago logo on and I didn't want to detract from that.