lock out turn key question

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
hi i have RockShox Recon Silver TK, TurnKey damper, Solo Air, alloy steerer, LO and reb adj., disc only, 120mm travel on my specialized camber comp 2011 can i change the turn key to so i can have a remote lock out. i asked at my lbs and they said that i could get it done but the inners of the for would have to be changed and would cost about 100 pound to do as they get sent off to some place that deals with rock shock? can i just change the key on the top?
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the year is?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Totally pointless IMHO. Easy enough to lean and lock out if you need to, and less clutter on the bars.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    not when your doing about 20mph and have a wooble with only 1 hand on the bars i thought i was coming off lol

• cooldad
    So that's a stupid time to be locking out. I use mine if I ride on roads to get to trails, if I remember. And only really because it's there, if I had no lockout I wouldn't miss it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    not really was a ideal place to do it

• cooldad
    Er no, probably not.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes there is a kit listed. cap spring and cable holder talk to your local Sram dealer about costs etc

but i would look at getting a better fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I'd use my hand. Nothing wrong with the fork save your money
  • sigorman85
    Yeah next one up is 299 so I've been told.would be better if I could just change the key

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I have a poploc on my revs. Ive had many issues with it sticking and it has now broken altogether. The crown lockout is lighter and requires less maintenance, so I would keep your fork as it is
  • sigorman85
    OK cheers for the info im thinking of selling it at the moment the bike that is

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    sigorman85 wrote:
    OK cheers for the info im thinking of selling it at the moment the bike that is

Why?

I thought the camber was a decent bike...