Milkers in Westminster?

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Any idea if they're actually protesting?

Would be useful to know before I try and head through P'Square on the way home. I can't see any closures on the BBC website.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    saw some traffic wardens on strike today near Corams Fields. which is a pretty weird place to make your point... in front of a load of goats and sheep.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Supermarkets want to reduce payment to farmers for milk - as if it wasn't low enough already

Bets on whether and price reduction will be passed on to the consumer ?
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    Supermarkets want to reduce payment to farmers for milk - as if it wasn't low enough already

Bets on whether and price reduction will be passed on to the consumer ?

Supermarkets won't be happy until they've extracted every last cent out of an industry, then they'll move on leaving a wasteland behind them.
    I know, ive worked in two seperate industries supplying them...the first, they whittled away at the margins until a multinational company of repute got out of it all because there just wasnt enough meat left on the bone....Now working in the citrus fruit industry, and having worked on the growers plantations themselves in Cyprus, Spain etc etc, even they are becoming reluctant to supply the UK because the majors have so much power, yet give so little in return and want to pay sometime way off in the future.

Frikkin supermarkets....