Had to Febreze my Mankini

Corporate Camper
Corporate Camper Posts: 293
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
I haven't commuted to work by bike for at least a month, poor weather being my main excuse to jump in the car instead :(

Anyway, *almost* sunshine this morning made my mind up, but I was unprepared. I found my lightly soiled bib-shorts in the rucksack where I had left them weeks ago... I reckon the Febreze did the trick, but if not I'm ready to blame the chap sat next to me in the office.
'12 CAAD 8 Tiagra

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Eeeeuuuuuwwww!

And you thought this was something to share? :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    and I thought I was bad for wearing the same bibs three commutes in a row! I dread to think what 'soiled' means.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    A little bit of sick just came up...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Yeah, that's wrong. Just wrong.

Also shaving the anal beard helps prevent 'soiling' or so Greg (66) tells me.... removes the potential for mud slinging Klingons...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Why the hell did I open this thread whilst eating breakfast... ?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    true story - my mrs nan febreezed her pet dog as in her words "it stunk" th poor things fur all fell out where she had sprayed it, it did smell meadow fresh though
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    You don't have another pair?? I thought with bibs it went along the same lines of N+1
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yeah, that's wrong. Just wrong.

Also shaving the anal beard helps prevent 'soiling' or so Greg (66) tells me.... removes the potential for mud slinging Klingons...

or just you know just wash....

I hope the OP found the smelly bibs in the rucksack I hope he isn't wearing them......
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Hmm- extrapolating dog depilatory properties of Fabreeze and the liberal dousing of bib shorts prior do donning them with the same product---- I foresee a fragrant yet surprisingly smooth undercarriage in the near future for the OP. Potentially with lots of stinging.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • SimonAH wrote:
    Hmm- extrapolating dog depilatory properties of Fabreeze and the liberal dousing of bib shorts prior do donning them with the same product---- I foresee a fragrant yet surprisingly smooth undercarriage in the near future for the OP. Potentially with lots of stinging.

Yeah, I must admit I'm a bit worried about that. I just tried to have a look by using the iPhone camera in a cubicle in the Gents... the resulting picture looks a bit like a Wookie yawning, so I think all is good in the 'hood at the moment.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    SimonAH wrote:

Yeah, I must admit I'm a bit worried about that. I just tried to have a look by using the iPhone camera in a cubicle in the Gents... the resulting picture looks a bit like a Wookie yawning, so I think all is good in the 'hood at the moment.

i'm speechless
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I'm as daft as Monkeypump. Read that last bit whilst eating a sandwich, had to wipe a bit of pickle off my screen. I just hope he doesn't post the resultant picture.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Oh look. 4 hour digested muesli....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Why to both the Bibs and the Picture.

Why Why Why.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • monkeydan
    monkeydan Posts: 95
    5 star thread would read again
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    POINH

hands up if you wanna see a wookie?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • veronese68
    One of my former colleagues took a similar picture of himself, then put it into another colleagues phone so that every time he rang the poor chap the picture popped up. Unfortunately the poor chap wasn't very good with technology and had no idea how to take it off.
    I'm so glad I don't work there any more.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    My God. Am I going to have to stop being BRs resident right-on feminist and start giving laundry tips?! So glad I haven't eaten lunch yet.

And Welkman - three days in a row? You should be ashamed. Your bibs won't need detergent, more like hydrochloric acid if you ask me.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    For me the problem is always my rucksacks. After a few months of serious commuting they start to pick up the odour of a tramp... Basically the many hours of sweat absorbed by the back pad and the shoulder straps start to hum heavily. It's too big to fit in the washing machine (65 litres) so I have to wash it in the bath, then I need a beautiful hot, suny day so that I can hang it in the garden to dry for a couple of days. Unfortunately as we all know it's pretty much been p!ssing it down since March so my rucksack still smells like a tramp...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    What on earth are you taking to work that requires a 65l rucksack?!
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    mudcow007 wrote:
    POINH

Me I'm kinda curious...

I have 5 shorts, 3 3/4lengths and a 3/4 length bib (for spring) and 4 tights (for winter). I also have an assortment of jerseys. I like the idea of having an item for everyday. That's why I had 20+ work shirts... Ms DDD chucked a bunch of them out though, some dated back to 2006 (Uni) and continual use (sweat) had discoloured the armpits (I always wore a jumper with those shirts).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641

I can only assume a dead body
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Good grief. Conditioned by the thread to date I misread Headhunter's rucksack as nutsack and had to Whoa! WTF! after another line or so and backtrack hastily!!!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    This thread has called several laugh out loud moments, well more muffled snorting. Simon's misreading being the latest to cause it. I'm glad nobody has asked what I'm laughing at.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,066
    :lol:

Livens up a dull day. We need more stuff like this on the forum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kieran_Burns
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    POINH

Me I'm kinda curious...

I have 5 shorts, 3 3/4lengths and a 3/4 length bib (for spring) and 4 tights (for winter). I also have an assortment of jerseys. I like the idea of having an item for everyday. That's why I had 20+ work shirts... Ms DDD chucked a bunch of them out though, some dated back to 2006 (Uni) and continual use (sweat) had discoloured the armpits (I always wore a jumper with those shirts).

In the autumn you ride nekkid?

Or is there a DDDkini?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I cant be the first to think that a brown chamois might be a good idea? Could be on to a money maker judging by the general hygiene levels shown in this thread :shock:
  • Any grime, any place, any wear - that's Mankini :lol:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Headhuunter
    msmancunia wrote:

2 D locks, lunch box, breakfast box, snacks box, puncture kit, pump, shirt, underwear etc, various other bits and pieces.... TBH I don't usethe full 65 litres every day but at the weekend I do a weekly shop and then it's pretty much full and weighs in at about 30kg...
  • Headhuunter
    SimonAH wrote:
    Good grief. Conditioned by the thread to date I misread Headhunter's rucksack as nutsack and had to Whoa! WTF! after another line or so and backtrack hastily!!!

65 litre nutsack... What a concept...