Richmond Park commuting question...

deebizzle
deebizzle Posts: 46
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Quick question...

am moving house soon from tooting to colliers wood in sw london which will obviously change the route of my current commute to isleworth.

Looking at the map, it seems might be a great chance to cut through Richmond Park on my way.

Only problem is the park doesn't open until 7am (too late for me) most days but not sure if this just applies to the car entrances?

any body else out there an early morning commuter who cuts through Richmond park? Or knows the deal with the entrances?

cheers

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Hi mate - you can get your bike through the pedestrian 'kissing gate' sections which are next to the gates.
    The only time you cant is for a brief period in the winter after 8pm ish when the cull is on.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    +1.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • deebizzle
    deebizzle Posts: 46
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Do you know if that includes the Robin Hood gate (the one that connects to Wimbledon Common)?

think that's the one I'll be needing.

cheers
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    deebizzle wrote:
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Do you know if that includes the Robin Hood gate (the one that connects to Wimbledon Common)?

think that's the one I'll be needing.

cheers

yes that will be fine, that will be open 24hrs bar deer culling.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I came out of Robin Hood gate last winter at about 9pm to go up Kingston Hill and a chap came up to me and asked "have you just come out of the park...? I thought it was closed!" I explained you can still use it - he'd been going the long way around for the last 3 months. Poor bugger. Still the extra miles obviously gave him some gas as he killed me up Kingston Hill!