morzocchi forks

peewee.93
peewee.93 Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
hi i was wandering if anyone can tell me can u fit a lockout kit to the morzocchi dirt jam 3 comps nd were would i find one, be much appreciated?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what year?

but i would say no.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you search on ebay whilst spelling it correctly you'll probably find some!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • peewee.93
    peewee.93 Posts: 3
    thanks for the coments not sure wat year and i will try on ebay
  • nicklouse
    and i dont think you will find anything.

there were never any dirt jam 3 comps made.

ID what you have and then we can tell you.

if you dont know then clear pics top,bottom,front and side will help us ID them for you.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • They are Dirt Jam Comps (coil/elastomer) preload adjusters both legs. I don't think you can get the lockout BUT there seem to be 100mm and 120mm versions so do you think a 100mm to 120mm travel conversion may be possible?

Also can you tell us where we can get a top cap remover (i hear it's the same as certain Suntour forks??). As at some point i will need to service the things and after seeing what the "big pliers" did to my old RST top caps :shock: i would prefer to use the correct tool really.

Thanks.
  • nicklouse
    May be or they may be Dirt jump 3s or they may be anything that someone has put a label on.
  • nicklouse
    ýes that is a Dirt Jam Comp
    but as i have been saying there are no dirt jam 3 comps there are DJ 3 and whatever someone has put stikers on things....

if you had Dirt Jam Comp why would you call them dirt jam 3 comps ?

if they are the Dirt Jams then there is no lock out available.
  • Stickers are a bit mangled and i guess this was the outcome (Dirt Jam/Dirt Jump!?) :roll: :lol:. Shame about the lockout as they do pogo about a bit. Thanks for the help though.

Thanks.