Speshi Elite vs Expert

lm_trek
lm_trek Posts: 1,470
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Been after a Camber for a while now, ive had a test ride on the basic model and loved it, great bike for what i ride. Ive been holding out for the sales!

So ive spotted the Elite Camber for £1500, and the Expert Camber for £1800, i know the ones better specced but is it worth the additional £300?? Being speshi's i doubt the price will come down anymore, should i hold fire for another reduction or which model should i just go out and buy!

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/search ... d%20camber

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Which do you prefer the look of?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • lm_trek
    Looks don't really come into it, i mean i ride a P7 normally thats no beauty!

I know the expert is future proof as it stands, tapered headset 2x10 etc.. while the elite could be a great ride, just trying to workout if it justifies the extra at the moment.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'd got the Expert if the extra £300 isn't a problem. Mainly just for the better fork and shock.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    is the expert worth £300 more, better frame M5 over M4, reba over recon, fox over ario, if your a spesh fan, yes i would say so
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • lm_trek
    Wouldn't say im a fan, it will be my first speshi, in the past had a Trek 6500, Fuel Ex7 (was too small daft impulse buy) and my current ride is an Orange P7.

Next thing is trying to work out size, rode a med on the demo, just not sure if i should downsize, just checking geo against my Orange and it sits in the middle!
  • lm_trek
    Looking at the 2013 Camber range, looks like i ordered my expert model just in time! Looks like a right bargain now, plus the new range is all 29er's not great for shorties like me!!
  • lm_trek
    Well i ordered the expert and she arrived this morning.

I haven't brought an off the peg bike since 2006 and that was a Fuel Ex7 which turned out to be a mini diaster, but this spesh seems different, but better specc'ed than my hardtail, and only had a quick blast round the park the bike feels more rounded everything just clicks together and works well. The front tyre seems a bit wide when compared to my bontys, but will give it a blast round cannock the weekend and will update on how she rides properly.

First impressions its a great bike and a bargain at the price i got it for.