Cyclists Beware

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited July 2012 in The cake stop

Comments

• Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    If someone can't be bothered to tell me what their link is about, I can't be bothered to click on it.
  • And I can't be bothered telling you. But it's worth reading!
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Dot worry hoopdriver, you'll be fine :-)
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    edited July 2012
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    If someone can't be bothered to tell me what their link is about, I can't be bothered to click on it.
    Here you go Hoopdriver :roll:
    A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has suffered horrific burns to his face and neck after cycling through a thin rope strung across a bridge by suspected pranksters.

Euan Cusack, from Merthyr Tydfil, is lucky to be alive after he rode into the hidden 6ft long rope at 15 mph.

He was left with deep cuts along his neck and face after the taut line just missed vital arteries that if nicked, could have caused him to bleed to death.
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    Thats horrible! It could have been so much worse for that kid.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    Here you go Hoopdriver :roll:
    A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has suffered horrific burns to his face and neck after cycling through a thin rope strung across a bridge by suspected pranksters.

Euan Cusack, from Merthyr Tydfil, is lucky to be alive after he rode into the hidden 6ft long rope at 15 mph.

He was left with deep cuts along his neck and face after the taut line just missed vital arteries that if nicked, could have caused him to bleed to death.
    That's a nasty story.
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    early christmas present for matthew parris?
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    airbag wrote:
    early christmas present for matthew parris?

And speaking of hacks employed by the Murdoch empire, I must admit, whilst a horrible story - and my sympathies go out to the young lad involved - it does strike me as double standards coming from the same paper that carries a column full of often anti-cyclist "outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has for money" (to quote Stewart Lee) from the nation's number one supermarket denim-clad cretin every sodding Saturday. :roll:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    The same sort of thing happened at Hamsterley Forest a while ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wear-16949018

I hope it's not some sort of new trend happening, terrible.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Someone's been stringing barbed wire up on MTB trails at the Wyre forest ('scuse the pun). :evil:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."