Rose Bikes

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Got a catalogue from them yesterdy.

WOW! Its Huge, now I have had a few catalogues from the usual suspects (edinburgh co-op etc) but nothing like this before, its epic.

Chapaeu Rose.

(I got the catalogue as I am thinking of getting a Rose)
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• Great company to buy stuff from. They have some cracking deals on at times and strangely they sell bottom brackets at about 1/3 the UK price.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    The Germans have really got into good value cycling over the past few years with brands like Focus and Canyon (and Cube?) and retailers like Rose... I just wonder why! Cycling isn't that popular in Germany is it?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The Germans have really got into good value cycling over the past few years with brands like Focus and Canyon (and Cube?) and retailers like Rose... I just wonder why! Cycling isn't that popular in Germany is it?

Cycling is rather popular in Germany. Unless you were being sarcastic? :)

I'm looking at Canyons, as it happens. I'll probably buy a frame and do a custom build with mechanical Dura Ace.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ben6899 wrote:

Cycling is rather popular in Germany. Unless you were being sarcastic? :)

I'm looking at Canyons, as it happens. I'll probably buy a frame and do a custom build with mechanical Dura Ace.

Is it? I really don't know... I was talking to a German guy from Hamburg on my recent London to Paris ride and he didn't seem to think it was that popular, he said that most Germans think of doping when they think of cycling, the media over there has really emphasised recent doping scandals apparently...

Yeah I've got a Focus and it's been brilliant...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Cycling is rather popular in Germany.

I hear you can get some great leather cycling shorts over there. :wink:

oktoberfest_guy_adult_lederhosen_costume_ic1038.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Isn't there a German cycling store that's so big it's got a test track on the roof?

Bike24, bike-mailorder.de, actionsports.de, rose, Canyon, Focus, YT industries are all massive German companies thta either make or sell bikes and their associated bits at brilliant prices. I've bought quite a few bits from the german sites and they've all been delivered in a couple of days, very well packaged.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    arnt Ghost bikes german too?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Great company to buy stuff from. They have some cracking deals on at times and strangely they sell bottom brackets at about 1/3 the UK price.
    Yes, I'd spotted they sell BBs cheap. So why haven't I used them then ?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Yep, and I just remembered that other tiny German startup...Cube, I think they were called. :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,066
    rubertoe wrote:
    Got a catalogue from them yesterdy.

WOW! Its Huge, now I have had a few catalogues from the usual suspects (edinburgh co-op etc) but nothing like this before, its epic.
    I got the 2011 catalogue after buying a chain and cassette off them last year - I keep it as a sort of reference manual of kit whan it's not being used as a door stop :)

Also I like their configurator for speccing bikes out - may well buy a bike off them at some point in the future (quite fancy their road bikes).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Great company to deal with, very helpful. Orders are sent DHL trackable 5.50 euros, and they have the best quality cardboard boxes ever, no tape, just clever cardboard engineering.

They throw in free gifts, none of your *inedible Haribo nonsense, got a 'Untersetzer', and two travel size bottles of caffeine shampoo, supposed to give your scalp a coffee kick!

The catalogue, first year in English, is a piece of work, that also was delivered DHL!

*vegetarian and diabetic
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I didn't fight in two World Wars so you lot could go buying bicycle bits from Jerry!!! Who do they think they are with their cheap prices, their superior engineering and their ruthless efficiancy!?!
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    mudcow007 wrote:

mmmm race lector comp! That black/blue/turquoise colour scheme is awesome!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I bought my Di2 from discountbikes in Germany - much cheaper than anywhere else. I always check the German prices for more significant purchases. I have 2 Focus bikes and a Cube. I think I'm single-handedly keeping the German bike business afloat :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I bought my Di2 from discountbikes in Germany - much cheaper than anywhere else. I always check the German prices for more significant purchases. I have 2 Focus bikes and a Cube. I think I'm single-handedly keeping the German bike business afloat :wink:

Thanks meanredspider for the bailout...I bought a Cube with my share! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Does any one actually own a Rose?

VFM they look pretty good, how do they compare to their German counterparts?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Hmm, 50T Ultegra chainring for £54. Way cheaper than the £99 that I've seen from the usual UK suspects. I think my Wiggle platinum discount won't be renewed this year...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.