First 'real' road bike ...

Atomic3
Atomic3 Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
New to this forum and hoping that someone could help out .... I took up cycling back in September (partly to get fit, partly because I hate the tube so much)!! Like so many others I have been bitten by the bug and 3,000 miles later I am looking to buy my first real road bike. I am fortunate enough to be able to buy a reasonable bike but I am not interested in spending money for the sake of it. I have decided that I should go down the titanium route (I want to be able to ride this for my daily 25 mile commute as well as to have fun at weekends). My issue is that even living in London I am unable to see many options 'in the flesh'. I have narrowed my choice down to two options - Van Nicholas Euros or Lynskey Cooper - both seem to get good reviews but what I am debating is whether the Cooper is 'worth' the extra £700 that the complete bike would cost? Looking at both frames with Mavic Kysrium Elite wheels, SRAM Rival & Easton EC90 forks. Any views, thoughts or advice from more the more experienced in these pages ?

Comments

• As another option to consider for a do it all Ti road bike I can highly recommend the Kinesis Racelite GranFondo Ti. I got one a couple of months back and am hugely impressed with the comfort and speed of these bikes. I am certainly not a light or fast rider but the Kinesis is such a good frame it makes every ride fun.
  • Atomic3
    Atomic3 Posts: 3
    Yet another Titanium bike I can't see in the flesh ...! Looks great though. Really seems that even in London unless you want Trek, Specialized or Giant it's almost impossible to view!