military discounts

spr wheelie
spr wheelie Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in MTB general
hey all, does anyone know if any of the big bike shops do a military discount

also when is the best time of year to buy a bike. are the january sales the best or is it better at the end of summer.

cheers all, paul
sight 3 se

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    sorry can't help about the military discount.

But when you say "the best time to shop" do mean "when are all the sales on?".

Manufacturers are only just releasing info about the new 2013 lines. I think you'll start seeing 2013 stuff actually in stock in shops in a month or two's time at the earliest. This when the 2012 will become discounted.

But the popular stuff sells out early on in the season, so you may only find a few odd sizes egg XS or XXL. So while it might be the cheapest time to shop not necessary the best time to shop.
  • Mate just a tip for you. Find the bike you want, find a mate in Germany, and get them to buy it for you with a MWST. Tax free savings are pretty good. I pilcked up an AMR 5900 considerably cheaper than UK list price.

There is a place in Hameln (which I believe is an Engineer place anyway?) called Bunnyhop (www.bunnyhop.de) Some great prices, with Euro prices sometimes lower than the UK pounds prices. Take off the tax, convert to pounds and you're in for a good deal.
  • spr wheelie
    spr wheelie Posts: 110
    cheers for the info.

i would try getting the mswt but the bikes im looking at are the rockriders 8.1 and 8.2 from decathalon and the voodoo hoodoo and bokor from halfords. and i cant be botherd getting back to deutchland or getting it shiped back over here. should have got into the mtbing before i got posted.
    sight 3 se