Bashguard help

Invalidusername
Invalidusername Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Complete noob here so I need some help, Would I be right in thinking that the red line in this pic is what I need to measure to get the right size bashguard ? It's a 44t ring and I don't want to take it off, Thanks.

vslx5i.png

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    You replace the outer ring with the bash, you need to know what size the middle ring is. It might say on it. They're usually somewhere between 28 and 32t on a triple crankset. You're gonna have to remove the outer ring at some point anyway...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • There are bashguards available that fit onto the big ring, That is what I want because I don't want to take it off, It's just the sizing I'm a bit confused about.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What you're referring to is a trouser guard not a bash guard, all they do is stop long trousers going in the chain, great for cycling to work, not much cop over logs and rocks....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    There are bashguards available that fit onto the big ring, That is what I want because I don't want to take it off, It's just the sizing I'm a bit confused about.
    There is one. The Blackspire big ring guard it is about £60 and you want a 4 bolt 104mm BCD.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    There is one. The Blackspire big ring guard it is about £60 and you want a 4 bolt 104mm BCD.

Thankyou.