halfords

spr wheelie
spr wheelie Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in MTB general
just got a story i thought id share with you.

sorry if its a bit long

me and the misses bought a couple of appollo bikes a couple of months ago. took them in to get their six week service. and they phoned up to tell me the brakes on the missuses bike were not working becouse of the pivot point on the fork.

we needed a new fork. they ordered them but they couldnt get it in the right colour, and the missus being the misses wanted it in white to which they offered an up grade.

so picked up the bike today and found that her old fork (same as the one i got) was a terrible suntour thing that i cant even find anything on the suntour website about it, was now replaced with a 100mm xcr fork. about a thousand times better.

any way we went out on them to celebrate getting the bikes back and the she somehow when changing gear she managed to bend the whole of her inside chainring right over itself.

so the bike went back into halford where the mechanic imidiatly replaced it with another slight upgrade in a whole new set of chainrings and cranks.

all in all a big well done to halfords sittingbourne even though the misses wont let me forget her bike is better than mine.
sight 3 se

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You mentioned the 'A' word! :eek: :D
  • Shock! I had a similar positive experience with Halfords at my local branch in Hove. I bought a Boardman recently only to find a small chip on the front fork when i got it home.
    I'd bought the bike at a more distant store as Hove don't stock Boardmans.

No bother, they couldn't have been more helpful.....a new bike arrived the next day and the forks were swapped over.
    Due to a new offer on the internet going live, they also refunded me the cost of the bike and re-sold it to me 40 quid cheaper
  • have always found that if i needed to go to halfords the best time was without doubt during term time and during the school/college hours, a lot less chance of getting the spotty oik who knows it all!!!
    fortunately, i dont need much from halfords these days except the odd tool for the car!! ;-)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • One 80
    One 80 Posts: 62
    deadkenny wrote:

that made me laugh lol
    Boardman comp 2012
  • One 80 wrote:
    deadkenny wrote:

that made me laugh lol

Me too!

It was only last night that i worked out what a 'BSO' is......

:)
  • One 80
    One 80 Posts: 62
    One 80 wrote:
    deadkenny wrote:

that made me laugh lol

Me too!

It was only last night that i worked out what a 'BSO' is......

:)

British School of Osteopathy :D
    Boardman comp 2012
  • spr wheelie
    spr wheelie Posts: 110
    yeah they are certanly BSO's but theyr better than an onion
    sight 3 se