a good time to buy??

foo-fighter
foo-fighter Posts: 113
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Just wondering if anyone knows when shops will start discounting 2012 bikes? I'm thinking of getting a cannondale synapse 5 as it seemed very comfy when i tried it.I dont want to buy it now, and find out that in a months time its had a few hundred quid knocked off it.

Comments

• simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    It's a game of brinkmanship :-) some retailers are already discounting. Further discounts will come in late summer but you are gambling with sizes. If you are v tall or v short the more likelihood there is picking up a late season bargain
  • foo-fighter
    i would be looking at a 56cm model, i wuld guess that a pretty popular size?
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    Yeah, in my experience 56 -58 tend to go first. For a popular bike like the secteur if you see it in your size with even a couple of hundred quid off i'd jump on it
  • foo-fighter
    could be worth just biting the bullet and buying now then really
  • I bought my 58 Sectuer last July and wondered the same thing as you so I checked - best discount I spotted was £200 on a £1k bike but a 58 never came up so I was relieved!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    simona75 wrote:
    If you are v tall or v short the more likelihood there is picking up a late season bargain

Sadly, it's never worked for me. :(
    Purveyor of "up" :)