Pizza/eggbanjo

elvisliveson
elvisliveson Posts: 12
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Last night in work, I consumed a large New Yorker with added jalapenos. I then agreed to go on my first serious ride with some colleagues on our day off today. In the first 15 minutes of the ride the pizza was weighing heavy, particularly when I was introduced to cadence cycling and the 'peloton' I thought I was pretty fit, but this cycling lark is a different ball game. Anyhoo, managed to manouver myself to the rear and after a hefty fart, the pizza ceased to be a problem. Really enjoyed myself and even slotted in a bacon and egg banjo at the end with no guilt ! Approx 26 miles, average of 15.6mph and a couple of stops and falls thrown in. Could start enjoying this !

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    ... after a hefty fart, the pizza ceased to be a problem.
    I really don't want to ask do I :shock:

Glad you're enjoying it, it gets very addictive very quickly, next thing you know you'll be signed up for a 100 mile ride for charity and spending all your money on Lycra!

Enjoy :D
  • biscuit959
    biscuit959 Posts: 111
    even slotted in a bacon and egg banjo at the end

Possibly my favourite sentence ever haha
  • Anyhoo, managed to manouver myself to the rear and after a hefty fart, the pizza ceased to be a problem. Really enjoyed myself and even slotted in a bacon and egg banjo at the end with no guilt !!

now that really made me laugh!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    ...... and even slotted in a bacon and egg banjo at the end with no guilt ! Approx 26 miles, average of 15.6mph and a couple of stops and falls thrown in. Could start enjoying this !

Bloody Hell, I like my Cafe Stops but a couple of stops in 26 miles and then a bacon and egg sarnie.....oh dear :roll: :shock:

You'll be giving us cyclists a bad name, mind you it could be even worse and you follow through after that fart! :? :cry:
  • I think the more experienced blokes didn't want to put us off by beasting us noobs all the way. The cadence thing was a total eye opener for me. I was breathing out of my hoop within 10 mins. Really different to what I expected which was big cog, small rear cog and justahunkofburning thighs. I think I will invest in some padded shorts as my ass is looking like a blood orange at the moment. Looking forward to my commute tommorrow, and upping the mileage over the weekend, O yeas.