Etape Acte 2 - support

My mate and I are doing the above on Saturday and my girlfriend is coming out to cheer us on via a hire car and pick us (and bikes) up at the end. She's looking for someone to hook up with and navigate the Pyrenean roads and possibly create a convoy to get to a couple of handy viewing spots (locations tbc) as she's not that comfortable doing it on her own but will obviously do so if need be. If you know of anyone in a similar position then please do get in touch.
thanks a lot,
Frank Murphy

Comments

• skippa76
    skippa76 Posts: 284
    Hi there,

My wife is performing a similar support role for my Etape exploits.

We're travelling to Bordeaux on Wednesday and picking up a hire car to drive to Pau. We are staying just outside Pau for a few days.

On the Thursday I plan to get my bike set-up and go out for a spin (probably do the first 50K of the Etape - inc the Aubisque - to see what it's like). Then on the Friday I'll do the who registration thing.

On Saturday morning she's going to drop me off in Pau then she's going to potter around before driving to Bagneres De Luchon to pick me up (I've looked at the map of Luchon and I reckon that the best place for pick up will be the Train station (about 1km from the finish)).

My wife is a bit of a reluctant support driver and she's not too keen driving on those 'foreign' roads. If your girlfriend wants to drive in convoy then I'm sure we could arrange something.

Cheers
    Adam