hydraulic disks?

jakjtb
jakjtb Posts: 111
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
hey guys,
im looking to get new hydraulic disks for my bike and just wanted some recomendations of brakes that arent going to cost the earth to buy.
am looking to spend around 100 - 200 quid with the focus being on the lower end of that estimate.
cheers dudes
i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You won't go wrong with any of the lower Shimano range. 1-200 quid actually covers anything from Deore to XT.
  • jakjtb
    cheers buddy, how would you rate them? the ones i have now squeel like a pig when raining or under a little too much strain which is pretty embarasing.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    If you want the very cheapest, Shimano BR445's are the cheapest I have seen which will do the job - £60 from http://www.bike-discount.de

£100-200 is a good budget for brakes, I would look at Shimano XT, Can be had for £150-170 for both

What do you currently have on your bike? If you are upgrading from V brakes, you will most likely need new wheels with disc compatible hubs and you need to make sure you frame and forks have disc brake mounts.
  • jakjtb
    i currently have the tektro IO's disks which came as standard but they really arent up to the job. i'll check into the shimano XT's
    cheers
  • not had any problems with my Deore brakes, The new SLX brakes look really good too.
    Blood, Sweat and 21 Gears...wait...no 27....30...arse 2x10?

Specialized Hardrock, 1997 Marin Nail Trail - current
    Giant Glory Merlin Malt 2 Big Hit Expert Marin B-17 Marin Nail Trail Diamondback Topanga - Gone but not forgotten