Routes in Bolton, Lancashire

Comments

• bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Off from next wednesday. But really unfit as ive been off the bike for a month.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Sounds like a plan. We're shall I inform my friend to meet us?

If you're on Bolton road we could meet at top of church st?
    Anyone else could meet at the crown?
    Any time suggestions?
  • Yeah I'll meet you at the chemist on church st. My mate will have to drop his car at roving ton and meet us up somewhere. Anybody else joining? And I'm planning be meeting mystery at 10 up rivington
    Whyte 801
    The destination is not as important as the journey!!
  • compo
    Yeah we could meet him at ten at the barn then :)
    Would you say half nine at the chemist then?
  • compo
    Also, mintedox, are you in?
  • Yeah that's fine with me
    Whyte 801
  • what are your name guys? im scott
    Whyte 801
  • compo
    PM sent
  • jakjtb
    jakjtb Posts: 111
    Could someone pm me with info on this rivvy trip coz the mrs is out at work till gone 3 so I have all morning/day for a right trek!
    i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington
  • jakjtb
    also I live at over hulton so Hilton can meet up in westhaughton
  • compo
    PM sent Jakjtb
  • jakjtb
    Top man
  • compo
    Right so we have Jakjtb and Scott Bramwell (+mate). Any more takers?
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    Got a chance to go to Penmachno tomorrow, if plans change I will text you on the morning Sean.
    Papa? Nicole
  • compo
    mintedox wrote:
    Got a chance to go to Penmachno tomorrow, if plans change I will text you on the morning Sean.

Righto
    Very lucky you are, Penmachno is meant to be good, very natural feel to it apparently; have fun
  • mintedox
    Cheers, can't bloody wait to be honest :D
    Papa? Nicole
  • jakjtb
    Was watching YouTube vids on that run. Looks really good! Got good conditions today for a proper treck
  • compo
    Excellent ride today chaps; 28 miles covered.
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/belmont-blast#
    A few mishaps ie having to go up hill, however all was good.

The car that hit me in Westhoughton is now sans wing mirror, I saw it on the floor further down Church Street.
    Unfortunately for the driver, he was filling up at the garage on Wigan Road so I stopped to ask him why he tried to run me over. Apparently we should have been on the pavement and it is illegal to be on the road. He wanted to report us to the police for damaging his car too! I told him that it was illegal to do what he did, and technically he had committed a hit and run. Well, when I mentioned that and the fact that I could report him to the police, the wife came out and told him to apologise, apparently he already has enough points on his licence. So he reluctantly apologised and was on his way. From what I remember he was in a bronze coloured Honda CRV - PX12 URT is the registration I think
  • jakjtb
    compo wrote:
    Excellent ride today chaps; 28 miles covered.
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/belmont-blast#
    A few mishaps ie having to go up hill, however all was good.

The car that hit me in Westhoughton is now sans wing mirror, I saw it on the floor further down Church Street.
    Unfortunately for the driver, he was filling up at the garage on Wigan Road so I stopped to ask him why he tried to run me over. Apparently we should have been on the pavement and it is illegal to be on the road. He wanted to report us to the police for damaging his car too! I told him that it was illegal to do what he did, and technically he had committed a hit and run. Well, when I mentioned that and the fact that I could report him to the police, the wife came out and told him to apologise, apparently he already has enough points on his licence. So he reluctantly apologised and was on his way. From what I remember he was in a bronze coloured Honda CRV - PX12 URT is the registration I think
    you was hit by a car??????
  • That's brilliant. I had it down as 25 mile.
    Cyclists aren't allowed on roads? My arse silly old git.
    We're not meant be on paths.
    Whyte 801
  • jakjtb
    on the plus side, had a great ride!
  • mintedox
    Blimey, sounds like a good start to the day, is everything ok?

28 miles is a good ride, glad I went to Wales now :lol:

What routes did you do? Let me know when the next ride is and I will tag along.

Edit- I see the route
    Papa? Nicole
  • jakjtb
    Mrs is away again this weekend if anyone fancies another crack up there. Not as extreme as last time thou. Want a lot more downhill
  • compo
    I'm up for this weekend again. We could get over to Healy Nab?

All is okay re the car incident; the car is in a far worse shape, there is nowt wrong with me
  • i was talking to andy about an idea for a ride, we could ride to haigh hall, go on a downhill part round there and head on to canal to adlington take the road up there which will bring you out at the resouvoir near healy nab.
    Whyte 801
  • compo
    Haigh Hall is is Wigan, I don't want to be attacked...... :p

Otherwise sounds good to try :)
  • Am available this weekend. Has be Saturday. Iron man is on sunday
    Whyte 801
  • compo
    Ironman is over around our way by half nine on Sunday
  • Yeah but won't the area still be cordoned off?
    Whyte 801
  • compo
    No, roads reopen at 9:30 I read.