I hit her up the rear end

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
I am so embarrassed, ashamed. Could this be it, the great decline the Gregs 66 and T told me about? The last sad song at the end of an album. The moment when you realise the film is going to end. The point in your life when sex is no longer an option!

My Achilles like spatial awareness faltered. It has never done so in 31years of existence. Spatial awareness on a scale so grand they question whether it is the Universe that contains it or whether it is my spatial awareness that contains the Universe. It faltered. I hit someone, I didn't see them nor sense them. I am getting old.

The bleak reality of it happened on Thursday evening. I was approaching Elephant & Castle from Borough and I was looking at the oncoming vehicles to my right. Now normally I’m aware of things that are around me. However, this time I found that my slow rolling speed was forced to a abrupt stop, the rear of my bike rose and I had to shift my weight backwards to get that wheel down. I thought it was a car, then the penny fell to the Earth. I rear ended a fellow female cyclist!

Apologies abound as large as the opening chasm of my shame. She was good about it, said something funny, flirty, probably taken aback by my lycra laden awesome. I continued to apologise without pause, my despondent state demanded no less. I simply could not understand how or why I could not sense her around me.

I do not rear-end people, ever. I hate when people come close to doing it to me. So what? I must self loathe, now!?

What is more worrying is that she was not there or around me when I was looking forward and approaching the roundabout. Nor can I recall passing her. So that's it then, my physical and mental prowess on a bike are withering, diminshing like an unspent youth, it is coming to a timely end.

Never have I felt so dull, like a blunted knife, I have only eyes for guidance now. The proverbial line that we all follow, the perpetual state of ‘B’ that I exist in, having left point ‘A’ and never ever reaching point ‘C,’ is dead to me. I am no longer in the moment, between the seconds and on the edge. I the moment, slow, cautious never anticipating always reacting.

I disgust myself. I am sorry.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    6 paragraphs? Really? ;)

Accidents happen.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was good about it, said something funny, flirty, probably taken aback by my lycra laden awesome.
    More likely that it was pity in her voice.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    IShe was good about it, said something funny, flirty,

"Please take that thing out of me now or I will call the police"?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I rear ended a fellow female cyclist!

Always suspected you were a chick.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    Don't read DDD threads any more. (and no I haven't read this when I saw how long it was). I always end up thinking WTFF is this guy on ?
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    probably best if you don't post photos of this one in The cake stop :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I am so embarrassed, ashamed. Could this be it, the great decline the Gregs 66 and T told me about? The last sad song at the end of an album. The moment when you realise the film is going to end. The point in your life when sex is no longer an option!

My Achilles like spatial awareness faltered. It has never done so in 31years of existence. Spatial awareness on a scale so grand they question whether it is the Universe that contains it or whether it is my spatial awareness that contains the Universe. It faltered. I hit someone, I didn't see them nor sense them. I am getting old.

The bleak reality of it happened on Thursday evening. I was approaching Elephant & Castle from Borough and I was looking at the oncoming vehicles to my right. Now normally I’m aware of things that are around me. However, this time I found that my slow rolling speed was forced to a abrupt stop, the rear of my bike rose and I had to shift my weight backwards to get that wheel down. I thought it was a car, then the penny fell to the Earth. I rear ended a fellow female cyclist!

Apologies abound as large as the opening chasm of my shame. She was good about it, said something funny, flirty, probably taken aback by my lycra laden awesome. I continued to apologise without pause, my despondent state demanded no less. I simply could not understand how or why I could not sense her around me.

I do not rear-end people, ever. I hate when people come close to doing it to me. So what? I must self loathe, now!?

What is more worrying is that she was not there or around me when I was looking forward and approaching the roundabout. Nor can I recall passing her. So that's it then, my physical and mental prowess on a bike are withering, diminshing like an unspent youth, it is coming to a timely end.

Never have I felt so dull, like a blunted knife, I have only eyes for guidance now. The proverbial line that we all follow, the perpetual state of ‘B’ that I exist in, having left point ‘A’ and never ever reaching point ‘C,’ is dead to me. I am no longer in the moment, between the seconds and on the edge. I the moment, slow, cautious never anticipating always reacting.

I disgust myself. I am sorry.

Slow day at work today?
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Double-entendre thread title?

Rambling post full of faux-poetic prose?

Is the old DDD back???
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I do not rear-end people, ever. I hate when people come close to doing it to me.

I'm gonna suggest you stay out of Brighton...
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    I liked the OP.

Bad luck on the accident though, any injuries?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    daveski12 wrote:
    I liked the OP.

Just my pride.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    Thats good though!

I had a similar accident in a car a few years ago. Paying attention definitely helps.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    daveski12 wrote:
    I liked the OP.

Just my pride.

Oh, were you out on Saturday?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Did she go down?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Did she go down?
    Or did you go down on her?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I move we get RickC to rename DDD to Lawrence.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Are you sure this didn't happen in Feltham?

Dear oh dear..... :roll:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Oldham, Peckham and Turnam Green.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • and is Bolton a slightly more secure version of strap-on?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem